If you’re ready to redecorate, redesign, or just spruce up your existing bedroom a bit then take heart. It doesn’t have to be expensive or complicated. In fact, you can make some dramatic differences in the style and look of your bedroom in really inexpensive ways. Here are several tips and ideas:
1. Create a bedroom design theme. By choosing a particular design style or theme for your bedroom, you’ll know the types of colors you’ll want to use and which types of design accents will work the best too. This makes sure you don’t waste money buying something that won’t fit your chosen theme, and it makes the redesign project much more fun as you hunt down items which will work with the new style too.
2. Change the walls. One of the easiest and least expensive ways to give your bedroom a completely new look is to simply make the walls different. You can paint them a new color, add wallpaper borders which fit the design theme you’ve chosen, or even paint designs on the walls with stencils. If you’re really crafty and want something completely different, consider painting a mural scene on the wall.
3. Change the bed & windows. Another super easy way to get your bedroom looking brand new is to put new dressings on both your bed and your windows. You could add a duvet cover to the bed for example, or put in a whole new set of sheets, bedskirt and pillow shams. Adding or changing what you have at the windows can make a dramatic difference too. If you’ve been using heavy draperies, try switching to a lightweight sheer piece instead. Or try putting in wood blinds or even plantation style shutters without any fabric curtains or sheers.
4. Go on a treasure hunt. This part can be lots of fun: Try hunting around your house for items that may fit into your new bedroom design theme. You may find things packed away in boxes, or sitting off alone on a high shelf unused. After you’ve scoured your house, then try visiting some local yard sales and flea markets. Look for design accents and accessories such as lamps, mirrors, wall hangings, art work, area rugs and anything else you find that seems to go well with your new bedroom design.
5. Don’t forget the simple touches. Something as easy as sitting a few candles together into a grouping can give a whole new feeling to your room, as can draping jewelry strategically on a lamp shade, or even hanging framed scenic or romantic photos on the wall. Try something new and unique, and you may find it gives just the right finish to your new bedroom design.