For many people, the bedroom is their sanctuary. It’s their favorite part of the house – the place where they can retreat to, recharge, and reconnect with themselves. This is why bedroom designs are very personal in that it closely reflects the homeowners personality and preferences more than any other room in the house.
If you are designing your bedroom or redecorating it to freshen it up, know that there are many style options you can incorporate into your own design. Sometimes, you can find them in unexpected places. Here are some ideas on where you can find inspiration to jumpstart that creative process:
- Magazines featuring bedroom designs. This is a great place to start finding ideas for your own bedroom. Magazines will include not just pictures, but will also have articles on how to recreate certain looks or where to find the furniture and accessories in their spread. Very helpful, indeed, especially if you plan to design your bedroom yourself.
- Internet. Browse the internet for inspiration. Aside from interior design sites, another good place to visit are the stock photo and video sites. They feature lots of photos that can serve as design inspiration for your room.
- Your wardrobe. One unconventional place to search for bedroom design ideas is your own wardrobe. Take out your favorite outfit and your favorite accessories and see how you can transform them into design ideas for your bedroom.
- Go tripping. If you want to see how newly constructed apartments are being designed, go to the showroom of various home development projects. They would be more than happy to show you around.
- Furniture showrooms. Sometimes, you can design a room around a piece of nice furniture. Going to furniture showrooms to see what’s on offer is a good place to start. If you are into shabby chic and antique designs, going to flea markets and antique stores will also do.
- Explore colors and textures through fabrics. A popular way to design a room is around a color palette that you love. Take it up a notch by choosing textures that you would love in your bedroom as well. Using fabrics as visual representations of the mood that you want in your bedroom is a fun way to begin.
- Travel! Go out of town, visit a spa, stay in a boutique hotel, and spend an afternoon out on the beach or in a lovely garden. Sometimes a breath of fresh air is all you need to inspire your bedroom design ideas.